Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Lovin'

Cannot believe it has been a month since I have posted, but things (like usual) have been a little crazy. Evan just got back last Tuesday from his 16 day stay in Manchester, England and Wales. During that time I thought...Yes! I will finally be able to catch up on blogging, but that obviously didn't happen...Oh well, here is what has been going on in our lives...


At the end of last semester (Marchish) Evan and I decided the way we were eating was terrible and we needed to make some changes. Since then we have tried to limit and cut out all MSG products (it's pretty hard), limit and cut out all high-fructose corn syrup products (also not easy), given up soda (back in February for me and for him longer than that), given up fast food (and no Chipotle is not fast food ;) ), and limited our meals out. When we go out, with an exception of every now and then, we typically share meals and feel satisfied with the amount of food we have eaten. This way we are not over eating. We also have been exercising much more regularly and have seen an improvement in our health! I have been getting up at 6:30am M,W,F to hit the gym for cardio and weights and then T and Th I have been getting up at 5:30am to walk with my mom and her good friend Francene. I have really pushed myself with the exercise thing, in order to get back in shape. Evan has been getting up at 6am some days to exercise before work and then somedays he is working out when he gets home from work, for him it just depends on how is week is going as to which time he exercises. This small, but easy, lifestyle change has made us so much happier and it is nice to have each other to keep on track.

Evan has been happily working away at his permanent job with Proseal America! He has been working very hard and sometimes long hours. He has been enjoying the training they have given him and responsibilities he has been asked to take on. Like I said earlier, Evan went to Manchester, England for 16 days for work training. He got to meet more people that work for the same company in a different location and investigate some of the drawings and tool work he will be doing. During the last part of his stay he was able to escape to Wales and visit his uncle Richard. He had a wonderful time and did not want to leave... BUT I was happy for him to finally come home ;) During this trip he purchased many amazing gifts for everyone. My favorite, our first Welsh Lovespoon! (see link for more information) Evan is now in Cinnamon Beach, Florida for a few days with part of his family and I will pick him at the airpot on Wednesday night!

As for me, I have been teaching swim lessons with my mom everyday (M-F) from 9am-1pm. It has been a great summer with lots of new faces and new friends. We have really enjoyed the summer, but are sad to see the summer slipping right on by. After teaching lessons I have been consistently babysitting and spending time with some amazing kids I have watch grow over the years. When I have relaxing time I enjoy sitting by the pool and soaking in the sun even more. I have really enjoyed my summer even though it has been unbelievably busy. I cannot wait to relax in Hilton Head in just a few weeks!

Here are a few pictures over the past month...

Mellow Mushroom


Dinner date at CCV river course
Before he left for Manchester

Our Welsh Lovespoon
Fourth of July!

Evan and I celebrated our 3 1/2 year anniversary in June and are so incredibly lucky to have found each other. We really keep each other on our toes ;) I couldn't ask for a more incredible man to have spent this much time with and am so lucky he loves so very much...or so he says. I think that is all for now. Hopefully it won't take me this long to update again! Hope everyone is enjoying the summer heat...

xoxo
nicole 








1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you and Evan are working together to stay healthy and fit! Always great to have a partner to keep you in check. :) Hope you are enjoying the AM walks. Wish I was there too! See ya this weekend!

    ReplyDelete