Saturday, May 4, 2013

It's a Crazy Life

Well the semester came to an end on Tuesday and I am just getting a moment to write this. I said goodbye to my kiddos and teacher last thursday, completed two exams last Friday (April 26th), finally finished and turned in my Teacher Work Sample (TWS), presented my poster on my Tutee, oh and celebrated a birthday in there. I left for Myrtle Beach, SC on Wednesday with my mom, and we head home tomorrow. Here is a recap of this crazy beautiful life....


April 25, 2013

      The day I said goodbye to my precious first graders and my super woman of a cooperating teacher. It was a wonderful day with lots of tears, smiles, laughs and giant hugs. I couldn't have asked for a better classroom or school to have been placed in! My kiddos and teacher surprised me with a breakfast party with doughnuts, juice, and the sweetest present. 
       I walked down the hall to copy something and when I returned my kids jumped out from behind my teacher's desk and yelled "SURPRISE!" It was so sweet! Each student brought in TONS of school supplies and my teacher so generously gave me a beautiful bag that had all the supplies in it. It was such a thoughtful gift! 
       I have missed them so much this week, but have also enjoyed my time of relaxation. On Thursday, I plan to surprise them for their field trip to the zoo! I am so excited to see their sweet faces again! 

My classes gift to me! So sweet!





















My kiddies gift! "You are CRAZY KOOL and such a SMARTIE!" (crazy straws, kool aid, smarties and a Kool pop)
Teacher Gift ("You are SIMPLY the best", "Learning with you was no waste",
"You are O so 'MAG'NIFICANT" etc)






















To my cuties...

I am so thankful for my time with these children and this teacher. I know that I touched their lives, but they have no idea how much they touched mine. Each of them have a place in my heart! 


April 25-28th, 2013

This marked the last two exams of my undergraduate career and time spent relaxing. Evan and I spent the Saturday morning and afternoon with his brother and sister-in-law. Saturday night we made delicious burger sliders with potatoes (pictures below). I also couldn't wait until Sunday to open my birthday presents so with Evan's approval I got to open them Saturday night. ;) My parents and Mema came on Sunday to celebrate my actual birthday. I enjoyed celebrating with everyone! Can't believe I am 22...according to Dylan "that's old!" haha


My beautiful present from Ev


April 29th, 2013 

This was the day I presented my poster about my Tutee. I am so fortunate to have worked with this child. He worked hard everyday and he made SOO much improvement. He is working so hard to get back on grade level and I am so proud of where he has come! 

My poster on my Tutee..Lightening McQueen


So proud of this boy!




April 30th, 2013

The best day of my life, when I FINALLY completed my 157 page teacher work sample! Although it was an amazing process and a great learning experience it was so nice to turn this "puppy" in. All my hard work of the semester in this book!

Bad picture, but what the cover looked like.

After I turned this in, I packed my room up and went home for the night. I got to spend time cuddling with my favorite cutie....




















May 1-4, 2013

Mom and I have spend the last 4 days in Myrtle Beach, SC. Unfortunately the weather has not cooperated. We were hoping for sun, but instead we have done LOTS of shopping (not that I am complaining). We have had a nice time with lots of relaxation, drinks, tons of seafood, and lots of shopping :) We will head home tomorrow....


What's to come? Well thanks for asking! ;) Next week is "senior week" at Longwood. Evan and I will head back to school Monday to participate in the festivities. We plan to head to Bush Gardens one day and I will head to the zoo with my kiddos on Thursday. Then Saturday is Evan's graduation!! Wow, how the heck have we been through 4 years of college already?!?! Time sure does fly! So proud of him and all he has accomplished while he has been at Longwood! Stay tuned for more.... that is all for now.

This was just a glimpse of this crazy but beautiful life I live! Thank you all for your support and love this semester. I would not have made it without each and everyone of you! 

xoxo
nicole

ps. sorry for the scattered thoughts, but if I didn't do it now who knows when it would have been done.

1 comment:

  1. Senior Week sounds fun! I can't believe the school year is coming to a close- time sure does fly! And don't worry, 22 is not old! 24? That's old! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete