As many of you know, my grandfather has been fighting various infections since May. He has been in the hospital five times since May and gone to rehab (for strength) after three of those times. It has been a hard time for him and a hard time on my family. Luckily, his doctors are in Richmond so we were/are able to be with him when this happens. He has been in rehab this time for about 3ish weeks and is set to go back home next Friday. Please pray that he continues to recover and heads back then! He has a hard time being away from his home and is so ready to be home...we pray this time for a longer period of time! He has kept our family busy this past summer, but (so thankful) he was well enough for our family to take a trip to Hilton Head this summer. (Nope, don't think I ever blogged on that..ugh!)
Evan has been extremely busy taking on many different jobs at work! He was traveling (total) for a good fourish weeks this summer, which he loved. He traveled to Manchester England, LA, and Seattle just to name a few. Many of you saw him raking in the sky miles on facebook :) He is loving what he is doing and his company just celebrated their fifth year of production in the US and the opening of 10,000 more sq/ft of work space at their office. We celebrated this on Friday! So happy and excited to see where this career takes him. He is one of the hardest working people I know. He has spent many late hours at work with no complaints! Love him so much!
Oh, are you wondering about me? Thanks for asking! I worked hard this summer teaching swim lessons, babysitting, more babysitting and more swim lessons :) It was so enjoyable, but some days left me just plain exhausted! I got to work with so many sweet and talented kids. I taught swim lessons from May-July and a little into August. Then after swimming lessons I would babysit most afternoons till around 5pm. In August I picked up a nannying job for a sweet family I have been babysitting for, for a while. I did this three days a week and would pick up various jobs the other days. On top of all of that I was taking my final test for student teaching and working out like crazy (to keep me sane and help me get back in shape, since I took an entire semester off..ha!) :) September 3, I started student teaching, the final semester of my undergraduate career. Since, I have been in a first grade class in Henrico County and loving every minute. I love my teacher, the children, faculty, administration, and the parents. I leave in 6 weeks to venture to another school where I will be with 24 fifth graders...that should be interesting! Stay tuned...
Meanwhile, Evan and I became an Uncle and Auntie to a sweet baby boy, Rhys. We are so happy for Gareth and Lindsay and their new family! We LOVE the daily pictures we get and are lucky they are not far away so we can visit. He is probably one of the CUTEST babies I have seen!
Lastly, my mom had surgery on her hamstring a week ago Friday. She is doing better, but still going to be on crutches for 6 weeks. If you know her at all...this is going to be soo hard for her! Please pray for a speedy and healthy recovery.
Evan and I are on our way back now from a trip to Raleigh. We got to do some shopping (okay, I got to do some shopping) and see friends we hadn't in a while, who now live in Raleigh. We had a great time together and with friends!
Well, now you can see why life has been anything but normal. Like I said earlier, we wouldn't trade it for the world! We both are VERY family oriented and that's what comes first. We are so blessed with two amazing families and wonderful friends!
xoxo
N


No comments:
Post a Comment