Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

As you can see I am no where near up to date on my blog, but that is just the way it is these days...it's a crazy life! Valentine's Day was super exciting this year as I had 23 other Valentines besides my sweet sweet boyfriend!

I was eager to arrive to school on Valentine's Day to see my kids, give them hugs, give them their Valentines gift, and tell them how much they are cared for. If there is something I have realized while in partnership this semester it's how much I am going to LOVE my job and my students. Yes, it is a lot of work, lots of pressure put on teachers these days, and sometimes it will be more than stressful, but all you have to do is stop and look at those precious faces to make your heart melt. No, they are not perfect and sometimes they can do get on my last nerve, they are all so special and unique. They are my responsibility and it is my job to help them succeed. They should know how much I care and believe in each and everyone of them! So, on Valentine's Day I was even more excited to tell them how much I cared and believed in them, and you know what? I got 23 more than perfect valentine's gifts, cards, hugs (squeezes), and smiles. 

Some of my sweet Valentine presents from my precious students

After school, I was able to have a late lunch with Ev! We don't get to have many meals together these days, except on the weekends, as we are both running in different directions, so that made it even more special! We decided not to do anything for Valentine's this year, because we have everything we need....LOVE! (I know corny, but he sure does have my heart) He gave me the sweetest card with a long love letter in it (yes I am calling you out on the blog). If there is one thing I love to get from Evan, I would have to say it's his sweet thoughtful cards and letters that put a gigantic smile on my face. 

Just a causal game of LIFE at my house with my sweet Valentines. 

On friday, I was able to travel home and spend time with my family! My mom, being so amazing, had decorated my room and had a Valentine's Day present waiting for me. She sure does know how to welcome a girl home. It was a perfect weekend of relaxation and catching my breath during this busy semester! My parents are two of the most amazing people on this earth, and I wouldn't be who I was today if it were not without them. Love you both so much!

spoiled to the core

Although this post was saying too many different things in one, I wanted to share how fortunate and blessed I was this Valentine's Day! Hope everyone was as lucky as I was!

it's the little things that mean the most these days...

xoxo
nicole 

1 comment:

  1. Aw Nicole you are going to make such a great teacher! You're so lucky to be able to make a difference in those childrens' lives! Such a great job. Glad you got to see your family over the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete