Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Day in D.C.

Evan and I are both on Spring Break this week, and when I say Spring Break I mean he is working all week and I have been planning a unit to teach to my precious First Graders! Needless to say we needed a day of something else with fun, laughter, and some quality time together. 

Evan planned the perfect day to DC on Tuesday. We began at the National Zoo in DC! It was the perfect day 1-because it was like a little ghost town with only a few people there and 2-it was sunny and beautiful all day. (couldn't have asked for better weather) We walked around and saw many different animals! (some I wish I never saw ha!) We were even lucky enough to talk to some of the volunteers at the Zoo, which made it more exciting and interesting! Here are some pictures . . .

Have you ever seen Starfish this big? 

Sea Coral
Sea Anemone 
Octopus- This thing was crazy to see in action! 
Crab with blue legs  
Jellies 



Hello there little Gecko. 

Anaconda...YIKES! This picture doesn't do it justice.

Lucy 

Lucy was so fun to play with! She looked in my purse and at my lip gloss and apparently she knows how to use iphones ;) 


Playful Sea Lions were my favorite!





So cute! 

Excuse me, are you from the Lion King?

Pretty
Mrs. Potbelly Pig 

Male Lions

Female Lions
Sunbathing Turtles

Little Bitty

He was the cutest little guy! Showing us all his tricks!

Sleepy Tiger

Watch Out!

Evan's Favorite- Cheetah 

You're a little plump sir. 

Mr. Beaver 



Next stop was Arlington National Cemetery where we were able to visit Evan's grandfather, Poppy. Evan got him a beautiful daffodil plant! 

Next, we decided to walk from Arlington Cemetery to the Lincoln Memorial, to the WWII Memorial, to the White House, to the Washington Monument, and back to Arlington Cemetery. It was a beautiful day we enjoyed the walks everywhere we went. Here are a few picture from our long walk . . .

:)
Walking over the bridge
Lincoln Memorial 
Looking out at the Washington Monument 
 
White House


On the way back across the bridge 


Last stop was to get dinner in Arlington before heading back! We had a beautiful day and a fun time together! It was much needed...thank you Ev for planning the perfect trip. I love you!

xoxo
nicole 





No comments:

Post a Comment