Sunday, November 25, 2012

Where are you Christmas?

So thankful for the wonderful time spent with family over Thanksgiving and into the weekend! Just wanted to give you all a little recap and some pictures to enjoy!

On Thanksgiving I traveled with my family and Evan to my aunts house for Thanksgiving lunch. It is a tradition, each year, to have Thanksgiving at her house. (This year we were especially lucky, because we were able to enjoy it in their new house!). To make it easy, everyone brings a dish to go along with the turkey my Grandmother makes. We all gather and fill our plates with way too much food and then eat, eat, eat. This year our family count was 25 people spending time together, talking, and eating. 

Here are some pictures of the "young" adults in the group:

Can't get enough :*


(Love my cousin)


The Longwood couples. Apparently I did not get the blue memo ;)


(The "young" adults)

After a wonderful lunch we headed to meal #2 at Evan's. They fixed a delicious meal for the family and a family of close friends! Evan and I ate even more (imagine that?) and I got extra helpings on dessert :-) If you didn't know already I have quite the sweet tooth... ask Evan! Unfortunately, we did not get a group photo, but I bet in the next day or so Lindsay will have some great photos on her blog! (The amazing food we ate, and some candid shots of the evening.)


On Friday, I hit the malls at 8am for the annual girls Black Friday shopping trip. No, we are not those crazy people running into the stores when they open, but it's more of a tradition, social outing for the girls, and helps my grandmother decide what to get the grandchildren for Christmas. Although some did not have luck, we enjoyed the laughs and quality time together! 

(If you look closely you can see some of the family shoppers.) 


Later in the day my mom and I hit the road to Blacksburg to meet up with my Dad, Grandaddy, Evan, Michelle, and her boyfriend Marshall. They all left earlier in the day to see the Virginia Tech basketball game (which they won!). On Saturday we got up early had brunch and bundled layered up for the Virginia Tech vs. Virginia game. Even though it wasn't a good performance of either team, we had fun cheering the Hokies to victory! 


(Cuties)


(This is pretty much what she did the entire time we were at the game...tough life!)


Evan and I both really enjoyed the time spent with family! There really is "No place like Home". 

We are now back at school as we finish the last TWO WEEKS of the semester! Although this is a very crazy hectic time, and we can't even think about Christmas for the next two weeks, we are excited to be with family again soon. "Where are you Christmas? Why can't I find you?" Can't wait for Christmas break and the fun, joy, and happiness it brings to each of our families! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

xoxo
Nicole 






No comments:

Post a Comment