Home truly is where your heart lies! Once I leave, I am always ready to come back.
Yesterday, Evan and I both finished out the semester and traveled home! I had a loaded car because lets be honest, you never know what you are going to wear over the next five weeks...duh! Evan however, packed up his entire room, loaded the car, and brought it all home. Next semester Evan will be working part time and finishing school part time. Although it will be very different for both of us, we are ready for the challenge. (But that is a different story for another day).
I am VERY happy to be home! Not only is it the holidays, but it really is an amazing feeling to be home, able to relax, and spend time with my family. When I arrived home last night the house looked amazing. My mom has done a fantastic job decorating for Christmas. We have the artificial tree up already, all the Santa's are up, stockings are hung, wreaths on all windows and doors, trees on the front porch, Christmas flags up on mailbox and backyard, the nativity scene is up, garland is hung, the village is up, and so much more that I am missing. Let's just say it's a mini Santa workshop ;)
Last night I did not get time to blog because Evan and I had a Christmas party to attend. Well, not just any Christmas party, but his company Christmas party! We went to Texas de Brazil where we ate more than enough food (probably two or three days worth- Alex I may need to take up your cleanse you did haha). We had many laughs and I enjoyed meeting the people Evan talks about and works with!
Last night at Texas de Brazil
This morning my mom, dad and I went to Westbury Pharmacy (Deli) for breakfast...DELICIOUS and my absolute favorite. (Check out the link attached, it truly is a hidden gem) After we finished breakfast we went and bought our real Christmas tree! It will be decorated tomorrow so stay tuned!
This afternoon my mom and I hit the mall to finish some Christmas shopping! When we got home we found Jena still sleeping... her norm. A dog's life is so ruff rough. She looked so cozy so, I decided to sit down in our favorite chair and blog. This is her sitting sleeping next to me.
Can you tell she is happy to have me home?
Like I said, it's great to be home! Hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying the holiday season! Be on the look out for pictures of Santa's Workshop our house and tress to come!
xoxo
Nicole
Sneak preview of a special holiday that is 12/14...can you guess? Yes, Evan is amazing and brought me these beautiful flowers last night.



Such pretty roses! Hope you are enjoying being home and being done with exams! Oh and don't you worry about needing to cleanse! I would recommend just eating healthy the next day and you'll be good to go. :)
ReplyDelete