Many of you know the love I have for my almost eleven year-old Dachshund, Jena. To me, she is the cutest and most precious doggie you could ever have- although I guess I am a wee bit bias! Yes, this is her sign that hangs above her bed in her room (ask me where she sleep most of the time....nope not in there).
Let me give you a little background history on Jena. Jena was my surprise for Christmas seven years ago! She actually belonged to our distant cousins, but they were traveling and didn't want to put her in the kennel all the time. We were lucky to get her at age three (almost four) and didn't have to potty train or teach her anything. She was about as spoiled and smart as they come!
The rules were, "she sleeps in the garage and she can only come inside downstairs" and that changed to "she can sleep in hallway with the door shut" which changed to "she can sleep in the hallway with the door open and is allowed on the third floor" which changed again to "she can sleep in my parents room in her bed and roam the house" to finally "she can sleep in my room with me, but in her own blanket and bed". . . spoiled much? Jena has many blankets and beds around the house, and when we wash her stuff it takes 2-3 loads of laundry to get it all cleaned . . . do I have you convinced she is spoiled now?
Although she is getting older she is still loved by everyone and a VERY spoiled doggie! Since it's the holiday season I decided to make her something for Christmas. Hey, even dogs need something special!
If you can remember I posted a blog about crafts I wanted to accomplish over break. Well, I have begun those projects and finished my fist one this morning...homemade dog treats for Jena and her best doggie friends!
I changed the recipe from one I was going to use to an EASY recipe with two (yes two) ingredients. It called for organic whole wheat flour and two jars of baby food...easy enough. They were super easy to make and Jena thought they were deelicious! Next time I will add some veggies to the mix and try different kinds of baby food (this time I used sweet potato and chicken for lots of flavor). Recipe here.
Here are some pictures to prove how yummy they were! :)
pre-oven
post oven
Jena says: "give it to me!"
Yummy...deelicious
"Wanna give me anymore?"
"Those treats sure did make me full and tired!"
Treat boxes for Jena's doggie friends!
Well, there's the proof that we own one spoiled rotten dog! Love my little girl! What do you do for your pup this holiday season?
xoxo
Nicole







No comments:
Post a Comment