Thursday, January 3, 2013

Birthday Hero

On December 27th we celebrated my Granddaddy's 86th Birthday! He had been at our house for Christmas, but on his birthday we took him home to celebrate there. When we asked him if he wanted to go out to dinner or cook a steak, guess what he said? Cook a steak . . . wonder where I get it from? (I love steak!) So for his birthday dinner dad cooked the steaks and mom fixed homemade macaroni and cheese and salad.

Birthday Boy and his pin!

Now you are probably wondering why is the post entitled birthday hero? Well, my sister and I usually get my granddad something funny for his birthday. This year it was a Batman pin that said Birthday Hero. (see picture below) He sure is a hero and he deserved a day all about him!

Note this is not the actual pin, but a picture I found online here.

Since his birthday is so close to Christmas and he is a diabetic we decided not to get a cake for his birthday (too much sugar). Don't worry though we still had some of the very sugary chocolate pie I made for Christmas night and we put a few candles on top to celebrate! 

Big blow!


Reading his cards

Jena didn't like when the Birthday boy left her in the chair alone . . .

His tree and stockings!

All in all it was a relaxing day he spent with us! We really enjoyed having him at our house for Christmas and then celebrating his birthday at his house. It wouldn't all be complete without a trip to Brian's for breakfast the next day. 

Happy 86th Birthday Granddaddy! We love you and are so glad we got to spend it with you!!

xoxo
Nicole 


No comments:

Post a Comment