Well I am only 13ish days late . . ugh! I had all intentions of sitting down Christmas afternoon and writing this post, but obviously didn't no where near happen. Please forgive me!
It has been a tradition for a very long time now that my entire mom's side of the family gathers at our house on Christmas day. On Christmas Eve, more traditions, we have a little sleep over with my mema (my grandmother), granddaddy (my grandfather), aunt, uncle and two cousins along with my mom, dad, sister and myself. Okay so we don't all sleep in the same room or bed, but all four cousins sleep on the floor together. If you think that is a lot of people it's not . . . we actually used to have 5+ more people, but some have children now and times have changed. We really enjoy the time we get to spend with my mom's side of the family and are so fortunate that everyone lives right here in Richmond!
Evan and I on Christmas Eve
Michelle and Marshall on Christmas Eve
Everyone gathered at our house around 8:30am on Christmas morning where we exchanged gifts and ate brunch together. Everyone pitches in a hand, but I have to say my mom, aunt and grandmother do ALL of the cooking on Christmas day. All 22 of us gather and enjoy celebrating together while having a quick breakfast and then out the door and on to the next gathering. We have a great time talking, eating, and celebrating all the year has brought us and celebrating the birth of Jesus! We are so lucky to have all 22 family members close enough to gather each year.
Can we come down yet? Every year we sit at the top of the stairs until all the parents are ready with camera's and video devices...yes, even at 21 my parents still take pictures and video record on Christmas day!
Chaos of wrapping paper and present opening.
We all have our own spot where we open presents each year.
Jena got a little ornament of herself for Christmas! She was really excited...okay maybe I was really excited ;)
Jena and Dad on Christmas morning, monitoring the presents.
Granddaddy opening his stocking!
Enjoying coffee early Christmas morning.
After everyone finished breakfast many hit the road to get to their next location for celebrating. My family sticks around, tries on their clothes, snacks, and waits for everyone to return. During this down time I got to spend a little time with Evan and exchange our gifts. My mom and dad had 16 people back for Christmas dinner! My mom, aunt, and grandmother stay in the kitchen all day (except for a quick shower and to try on clothes) to cook dinner for everyone! It was deeelicious!
Love my cousin!
Mema and her girls!
Dad and Granddaddy!
my family
the girls
Mema, her sister, and her one of her 3 nieces
After dinner at my house I traveled to Evan's dads to exchange gifts and spend time with them! I made it just in time for another deelicious meal (yes, I ate two dinners...don't judge me). We all enjoyed spending time together laughing and talking!
Love my Swansea boy!
I received so many thoughtful and wonderful gifts this holiday season! But mostly, I am grateful for the time I got to spend with everyone this holiday season, even if it wasn't on Christmas day. It's the time spent together that means more than any gift!
I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing holiday season! Until next year . . .
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6
xoxo
nicole
So sorry the posts have been coming in slow! I promise more to come...Happy New year!


What a great post! That's so cool that so many of you guys can be together on Christmas! :)
ReplyDelete