Wednesday, January 16, 2013

partnership

Well I have begun my final semester at Longwood! It is exciting, scary, and bitter-sweet. I still feel like just yesterday when I moved into my dorm freshman year . . .time sure does fly!

This semester I am embarking on a very different type of semester at college. Monday-Thursday I am in Buckingham Primary School working with precious first graders, while taking classes with two Longwood professors. Typically on these days I am going from 5:45AM-4ishPM and then come home to do homework. (Guess the real world is setting in. ha!) On fridays however I am on campus taking classes from 8:30AM-1:30PM. I will need to find my balance of school, homework, reading, exercise, and my other activities I am involved in . . . hopefully within the next few weeks this will be accomplished! Although this semester is supposed to be our hardest semester I am trying to stay positive, excited, and motivated to learn as much as I can! I mean this is what I want to do right? . . . YES it is!

I was able to meet with my teacher yesterday and meet my students this morning for a few hours. Like I said earlier they are absolutely precious. My cooperating teacher is awesome, motivating, and fun! I know I am going to learn so much from her, my students, and the faculty. Tomorrow I get to spend the entire day at the Primary School getting to know my students and teacher. I cannot wait!

I am excited to begin my journey of partnership! Stay tuned! (I am just as anxious to see how it turns out)

xoxo
nicole




1 comment:

  1. Love that quote! Good luck with your new job! First grade is such a great age :) Enjoy your last semester!

    ReplyDelete