Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year and Welcome to 2013!

You were probably wondering when/if I was ever going to update the blog again...I asked myself the same question (ha!). It has been a crazy, but enjoyable few weeks! Posts will be coming, I promise.


HAPPY NEW YEAR! Okay, so I am a day and a little more late, but better late than never . . . right? Today I have found the time to sit down, relax, and blog, BUT only after taking Evan to the airport this morning, driving 2+ hours home, eating lunch, taking down my mini tree, and finally showering! 

For New Years Evan and I decided to hang out with Gareth, Lindsay and company! We enjoyed a low key evening full of talking and laughing, drinks, and delicious chili . . . it was just what we needed. Some days (and years) it's more about the company than doing anything extravagant. Since it was so low key and lets face it when I get to talking I loose track of time, I didn't get a single (nope not one) picture. :( Oh well! We really just enjoyed being with each other and relaxing with others. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable New Years like we did! 

I have seen some other bloggers out there recapping the year of 2012 with pictures, but that would take me days. Instead I have put together a small list of our accomplishments from the year 2012 . . .

  • Evan received and internship with Proseal America Inc. for the summer, which recently became a permanent job for him! He is thrilled to be working with them and excited to see where this job takes him! 
  •  Longwood entered the Big South conference, which was HUGE for our school and Evan's soccer team too! 
  •  I was named an Outstanding First Year Student Advocate by Longwood University. I was also able to complete the journey of Peer Mentors for a second year and impact the lives of new students. 
  • I celebrated my 21st birthday!
  • I was able to travel to California (one of my favorite places) with my mom and dad! We were able to stop in San Diego, Newport and Laguna Beach, and Palm Desert.
  • We spent a weekend at Virginia Beach relaxing with my family! We enjoyed bathing in the sun, digging a small sandcastle, and spending time together!
  • We spent a week in Gatlinburg Tennessee with Evan's family! We got to see an awesome aquarium, visit Dollywood, taste Moon Shine, do some shopping, and spend time together!
  • Evan finished his final soccer season at Longwood! He even scored his first and final goal of his career at Longwood University! (he is a defender, hence why he hasn't ever scored)
  •  I passed my Elementary Content Knowledge Praxis II, which is just another step closer to teaching!
  • Evan and I both received Dean's List in the Spring and Fall semester! 
  • Evan and I celebrated our THREE year Anniversary and our FOURTH Christmas and New Years together! 

2012 was truly a great year and we are fortunate for the opportunities we have been given! We are thrilled to be in 2013 and excited to see what's in store! Stay tuned :)

Happy New Year and welcome to the year 2013!!!

xoxo
Nicole 


A recap of my granddaddy's 86th birthday, Christmas day, and my crayon wreath (almost done!) are next up on the list . . . keep a look out!


No comments:

Post a Comment